AZ Chapter! Radom Trip this weekend 10/4 or 10/5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Truck is lifted and needs to get dirty and would be nice to see some old faces!

Planning a run this weekend, looking for takers. Was thinking the Rolls or Florence Junction Box canyon, er somthing like that, Any takers? A couple of friends from work may be attending as well.

o8k

======================================================
EDIT: TRIP DETAILS (so you dont have to scan the thread for them)
======================================================
PLACE: CANCELED
DATE: CANCELED
TIME: CANCELED
PLACE: CANCELED
ATTENDANCE: NONE
=============================

Last edited:

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll see what happens. I've got a lovely little case of pink eye right now so I Finally drive like everyone else out here (weaving, changing lanes with no notice, etc) but if it clears in time I could use some play time. Let's see who else pops up.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We would be in for the Rolls on Saturday so we can try this again and have someone get a pic from the back....

You must be registered for see images

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Priceless picture of Beth!

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok looks like im going to lock the details as shown above, SATURDAY, ROLLS. AJ, meet out there at 8:00am? should be still nice and cool.... If that time dont work holler. The place we tried to meet last time was no good. Where should we meet? How long you wanna wonder around out there? eat lunch out there? or tour the area in search of a roadside dive? im up for anything.

o8k

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Casey... I'm so very sorry that we have to pass on this run. I just now saw your post firming things up. Earlier today Beth called and asked if the trip was on and due to the lack of participation I told her i don't think so... as a result she made other plans for us tomorrow.

Again, I'm real sorry to do this to you, post up another run and we'll be there. Hope you understand.

AJ

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no problem, my friends from work arent going to make it tomorrow either, have to shoot for another time and place. Im beginning to think the rolls is cursed! =D we'll see yall next time round....

o8k

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, that's cool Casey. I was going to post up that if you hadn't seen me by 8:15 to go ahead but no problem. We'll see if we can get something together in a week or two.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill prolly still do a trip this weekend, just may be just me and the puppy, or if anyone feels like going sunday... thats always an option,

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random Trip that got canceled but still happened trip report:

ok you wall flowers! went 4 wheelin today out on the west side of the estrella mountains, the overcast 79 degree weather out there was beautiful. We followed the power line road as it came up and hugged the side of the mountains, the sandy wash road followed south to quartz peak trail head where my neighbor and i hiked in a bit and looked around. Dakota managed to get all mixed up in some jumping cactus spines and was miserable while i pulled the spines out of his gums and tongue w/ pliers. we wondered back west to rainbow valley and ran into an old abandoned air port. My neighbor (retired 70) is native to this area and was full of stories of yesteryear. we ran across a guy just walking through the desert who was from south Africa (weird) he needed a ride back to his car so we let him climb up and we motored our way west. we ended the trip at carl's jr for a bite to eat, then took a hike down the road back home and saw a tarantula. I will post a few teaser shots but im holding out the good stuff for when you all come join me on the next trip out. Im calling this a scouting run. NOT difficult at all but the deep sandy power line roads take a bit of care to navigate. There are some great places on the BLM back there to camp near the edge of the mountains, sandy trails to play in w/ the vehicles and boulders to climb on for the youngins. I think im going to post a camp out out there in early November if there is interest. Prolly have people meet at my place friday, BBQ, then head out there for a camp out SAT night, go home sunday. if this sounds interesting please let me know ill put it together. Ill combine this venture w/ the BBQ i mentioned having, come to one, the other, or both. Should be fun.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the trip report and pictures. Pick a date for the BBQ/Run and we'll be there this time, but we won't be camping.

Where's a picture of the new 'Monster Truck' ???

AJ

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep forgetting to take one and put it up. =o