aux input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeysjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what I Will be doing tomorrow. Installing an iSimple tranzit. So the wife can listen to some Pandora in the KJ. Will write something up if you all want. I got it from best buy for 48.99. It was in the clarence rack cause iSimple came out with anew model. I'll take it at 91 bucks off the normal price.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what I Will be doing tomorrow. Installing an iSimple tranzit. So the wife can listen to some Pandora in the KJ. Will write something up if you all want. I got it from best buy for 48.99. It was in the clarence rack cause iSimple came out with anew model. I'll take it at 91 bucks off the normal price.

If that unit doesn't work out the way you want I have a Grom Audio aux input adapter for the factory radio for sale. Check out the For Sale section for details - used it for SiriusXM satellite radio.

Bob

SinewStew

Reaction score
I've installed this on my KJ. I love it. Make sure for power that you tap into the radio's ignition power source, not the constant. Use solder for a clean, reliable connection. I can tell you which wires are which later today once I take a look back at the schematics I used if you'd like? Oh, and you'll need two antenna adapters, one from the antenna to the iSimple box and one back out from the iSimple to the radio. Don't bother disassembling until you purchase those as you'll just have to reinstall the radio just to take it back out again later.

Last edited:

joeysjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i figured that out SinewStew but since i had a solder gun and some solder i just cut the ends off each and then reattached them to the right side works great i even hooked up and ran all the wires for the ipod hook up and tucked them under the center console so if my wife plugs the ipad into it she can charge it also and i placed the iSimple box behind that panel under the steering wheel up out of the way and zip tied all the wires down so they wouldnt be in the way i did tap into the power for the radio and after i got it all done it works great pretty easy straight forward (if i would have had the adapters didnt feel like driving an hour to the parts store each way)