Australia - Rear bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
does anyone know how to go about buying a factory replacement rear bumper from australia...

Any info would be great. Thanks

Good day,

Ok, I've had tens of thousands of dollars of automotive parts shipped to me over the years, as well as shipping North American made sporting goods World wide for some twenty years, so I might be of some help for you.

First off, being a Canadian, I had to Google "Binghamton" to get an idea where abouts that was!
I see it is in New York. That will make shipping fairly straightforward.

Contact the Australian Company who manufactures the bumper and see if there is already a dealer in U.S.A. or Canada as that would save alot of time.
If not, ask them if they sell direct to the customer of if you have to purchase the bumper from an Australian retail establishment.
If you have to purchase via an Australian 4X4 shop, then you need to contact the shop(s) directly and ask if they ship internationally.
If they do, then the retail store will be able to provide you shipping costs for both surface freight as well as air freight and they will be able to supply all relevant customs documents for importing to the U.S.A.

If you can purchase the bumper directly from the manufacture, then the same questions need to be asked.

Lets us assume that you can buy the bumper and it will be shipped to you.
(Surface freight will be least expensive but will also take longer and Air freight would more than likely cost more than the bumper!
I have shipped 16 and 17 foot Mad River Explorer, Old Town, Clipper canoes (Kevlar, Royalex.) World wide via surface and air freight. $$$!!!

You should contact U.S. Customs regardless. To make sure you can double check that all paper work will be correct. All "I" dotted, "T" crossed, etc.
Nothing worse then having your goods tied up in customs because of one small oversight!
I've been through that many many times on the receiving end, as well as the sending end of things!
We are all human!:eek:

http://search.cbp.gov/query.html

The below link, you will want to "Click" on "Importing into the U.S."
I would have copied and pasted it here, but the document is 204 pages long!

https://help.cbp.gov/cgi-bin/customs.cfg/php/enduser/home.php?p_sid=IZQxUBEj
and find out from them what documentation they require for you to import a bumper from Australia!

You will also want to insure the bumper and or other products you are ordering from Australia so that in the event your shipment is lost in transit and ends up at my house:D, The shipping company refunds you all you are out of pocket!

Now, lets say for some reason that neither the manufacture or retailer(s) do not, will not ship to you, then you need to find somebody in Australia who will go the extra mile (So to speak!) and arrange shipping for you.
Perhaps a member here on this forum might be able to help you with that.
That however is up to you too arrange.

This should get you started in the right direction.

If you have further questions, feel free to PM me.

Cheers
Ry'

ShadowedXistence

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's a direct dealer part... the jeep liberty is the jeep cherokee overseas... doesn't necessarily have to be from australia, that's just where I found one. The rear bumper on these have no license plate bracket, making the whole back of it flat... I found a couple on the australian and uk ebay sites... just didn't know how to get them over here...

also I've already changed my mind on it and decided to keep my bumper and spend that money towards a custom new roof rack... a little more practical to me...

but thanks for the info... could come in handy for the future.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but I really like the looks of the spare tire covers over there with the license plates in the middle.

This is good info to have should I consider getting one.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
it's a direct dealer part... the jeep liberty is the jeep cherokee overseas... doesn't necessarily have to be from australia, that's just where I found one. The rear bumper on these have no license plate bracket, making the whole back of it flat... I found a couple on the australian and uk ebay sites... just didn't know how to get them over here...

also I've already changed my mind on it and decided to keep my bumper and spend that money towards a custom new roof rack... a little more practical to me...

but thanks for the info... could come in handy for the future.

Out of curiosity ShadowedXistence, what bumper is it you were looking at?

nzoliver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

How bizare is this!! I would like to get a US rear bumper for my Limited so I don't have to have the plate in the middle of the spare!!
I will just start with front indicators/marker lamps instead!! Anyone have some from an '02 with all the bulb holders and a few inches of wire as well?(biggringift)

Oliverhump.gif

ShadowedXistence

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly... I thought about relocating my spare to the roof and felt that the european bumper had a much nicer appeal to it without the tire on the rear end... if you look at pictures of the "Liberator," you'll see what I mean...

HOWEVER, I decided to check things out first before doing such modifications... I put my spare on the roof to take some measurements and such... Looks decent enough up there, but one hell of a pain in the butt to get back down... and because of this, I decided against it.