At a loss over 4" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lildezl

Reaction score
I need some serious help trying to figure out what is wrong with the 4" JBA lift on my 2006 KJ CRD.The kit was purchased by Jeepin By Al and installed by Eastern Truck & Accessories. It had to be taken back to Eastern at least three times due to leaks and a broken axle.

We finally got tired of Eastern and moved on to Production Offroad. They said that the leaks from both the left and right side are from over filling.

This last visit was with Open Air Jeeps. I must say I do like the service at Open Air. He had an alignment done, then replaced the axle shaft seal and the axle shaft bushing. He cleaned all the grease that had come out of the boot on the drivers side and the grease from the passenger side. Drove it around the shop a couple of time, no leaks. I get it back for a day and it's leaking again on both sides.

I have spent way too much money on all of these repairs as well as rental cars while the Jeep is in the shop. I seriously need help or I'm going to have to remove the lift and be very thankful that I hadn't sold the old rims and tires.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The cradle drop is what gives you the extra
4 inches and a CRD are pushing the limits no matter what

lildezl

Reaction score
When we purchased the lift, we purchased new axles at the same time from JBA. We did have to have the drivers side axle replaced. Since then, the only problem with that side has been the excess grease squeezing out.

OAJ is going to make some calls and do some more digging into the problem before taking it apart again. JBA sells hundreds of these kits and apparently I'm the only one with these issues. OAJ was able to see on the passenger side where the axle looks like it's being forced out.

Again, more research will be done before breaking it down again.