Armor or lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano104

Reaction score
Okay I have a quick question. Should I get the armor up to speck ( ie boulder bars, and skid plates ) or should I lift it first?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well...........if you do the lift & tires and you're not armored - Where ya gonna go without worryin about takin a wack on your underside in the wrong spot??? ( then - $$$$$ ) -- Ya gotta do all 3 - Just my opinion -

( I recently realized the gas tank is plastic - I'm a little slow sometimes)

Armor it.....................

Dave

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well your sporting some nice tires already. Not sure if your looking into another set but those would do nicely for the lift. This eliminates the need for tires ($600+). Just grab the armor and lift and do it all at the same time =P~

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do armor first then lift. I would rather be protected than be higher. Even if you have a lift, you can still hit things.

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
considering that a lift really ain't netting you any clearance without tires and very little ground clearance increase even after that.....Armor First.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've definitely been convincd that armor should be put on first. Although it may look better, it could/will pay off. If you go offroad, the Jeep is already pretty capable stock and the armor will guard you. However, if you lift it, take it offroad, and whack something, it won't be good. Then, you'll be paying for armor, lift, and repairs. That's my thinking anyway with my Jeep, which is why it's not lifted.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
armor first. Getting a lift is going to make you want to tackle harder trails, which will be more likely to bust something under there. You can get pretty far with a stock liberty with skid plates if you don't mind the sound of sliding on rocks :)