Anyone use Jax Wax ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Local company with a pretty good following , just wondered if anyone had ever used them.
Just got a box of products in to test
Vinyl and Leather cleaner
Professional Grade Clay bar kit ( medium cut )
Super Citrus cleaner
Body Shine

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah haven't heard of them till now. I would like to take the car on the home page for a spin though.:icon_lol::icon_twisted:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Had to go look see what it was :icon_lol:
Never was on their home page really, met a guy who used their products in his detailing business and he hooked me up with them. They have some great videos as well I guess on how to use their products

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at their website seems like a decent company

I haven't used a regular wax in a while, (I only use klasse all-in-one and high gloss sealant glaze), both of those are wipe-on/wipe-off application, (meaning you don't wait for them to haze), they also last longer and work better than most waxes.

I also try not to get caught up in detailing hype because there are a lot of companies that just rebrand and charge a ridiculous price for mediocre products, but it looks like they do production in house.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I never go with what the latest fads are, have used Meguiars products for years now. But this place makes its own, is local to where I live currently and thought what the heck. They also have way better clay bar than what you can buy at " those other parts stores" I got the medium cut which is for older vehicles etc .
But anyways try them out hopefully take some before and after of the engine bay after I detail it

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never go with what the latest fads are, have used Meguiars products for years now. But this place makes its own, is local to where I live currently and thought what the heck. They also have way better clay bar than what you can buy at " those other parts stores" I got the medium cut which is for older vehicles etc .
But anyways try them out hopefully take some before and after of the engine bay after I detail it

in regards to the clay bar, I know for a fact they do not make their own. there is only one manufacturer of detailing clay in north America and everyone else rebrands their clay.

the clay you got from them may be much more aggressive than the stuff on parts store shelves, so be careful with it, (aggressive clay will sometimes mar the paint and require you to polish the paint), that is why most clay in stores is very fine grade.

if you don't plan on polishing, test the clay somewhere out of sight (such as the roof), then you will know if it will mar the paint on the rest of the vehicle.

our jeeps have pretty hard clear so I doubt marring will be an issue on it, but paint on fords, gm's, and a lot of the Japanese and Korean cars is soft and will mar easily.

if you find that it is too aggressive for your paint, use it to clay the windshield and windows, (makes a huge difference when applying glass sealant or rain repellent).

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I know what line of business to go in to.. Find a way to make my own detailing clay lol

you would still have to pay the patent holder (simoniz-clay magic).

there are a few companies that have developed clay substitutes, nano-skin mitt/pads/towel, basically a polymer version of clay that works just as well and if dropped can be rinsed clean.

the problem with the detailing industry is that there are too many overly complex product lines, (lots of "different" products that do the same thing), it is always nice to see a company that keeps it simple.