Anyone tried to adapt their 5x4.5 to 5x5, and is it possible with stock size ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkesha

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 06 Stock Liberty CRD and since last week 07 Gr. Cherokee CRD (Liberty became to small with two baby seats in the back).

Anyways, I got these by mistake (hoping they will fit at least one of my vehicles) and now trying to offload it to someone else who actually might have some use out of it.
They don't fit on Liberty because of wrong bolt pattern, and they don't fit on Cherokee because of calipers (stock size rim is 17").

So my solution is either to get my money back by selling them, or if that is not possible then to get something like this and mount those wheels on my wife's Liberty.

So I would use 1.25" adapter spacers to change Liberty's bolt pattern from 5x4.5" to 5x5 and then use those steelies on Liberty.

Would anyone be able to confirm if this will be possible because I don't want to throw more money down the drain.

And why is so hard to find a nice set of 16" Liberty rims ?
I almost never see them on local adds and even on eBay if you list Liberty vs. wrangler there is like 10:1, and that 1 that is selling a nice renegade rim is not shipping it to Canada.

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
X2
But to answer your question, those spacers will work but you would need a lift kit in order for them to work with a Liberty otherwise you will have major tire rubbing problems.
So you are better off selling them.

Why is there such a small selection compared to Wranglers?
Because there are 10 to 1 Wranglers to Liberty's as far as aftermarket support.
Dime a dozen.
The Liberty is not the most popular Jeep on the market for allot of off road enthusiasts.
Hence there isn't allot of available in the aftermarket or the used marketplace.

Last edited:

darkesha

Reaction score
^^^

Thanks for replies...I am trying, no doubt.
I would keep tires since they are brand new, if we didn't buy brand new all seasons 2 years ago with maybe 15k on them sitting under my deck.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't keep the tires either since they are some of the worst ever put on

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And why is so hard to find a nice set of 16" Liberty rims ?
I almost never see them on local adds and even on eBay if you list Liberty vs. wrangler there is like 10:1, and that 1 that is selling a nice renegade rim is not shipping it to Canada.

Check with wreckers - I had good luck finding my 16" Rene wheels at a good price. Few scuffs but otherwise fine. Look for spares - these of course have best chance of being near mint.