anyone tried KYB GR2 struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishin'liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I've heard they are no better then stock shocks.

Agreed. I had them on my lowered Grand Prix for 50k miles. They were pretty worn in 50k. Sure, the lowered springs hurt a little more than OEM, but they still weren't anything to write home about.

I'd put them right with Monroe. Not saying they are godawful, but they are no Rancho.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I had them on my lowered Grand Prix for 50k miles. They were pretty worn in 50k. Sure, the lowered springs hurt a little more than OEM, but they still weren't anything to write home about.

I'd put them right with Monroe. Not saying they are godawful, but they are no Rancho.
Actually Monroe owns Rancho but Rancho shocks are there best stuff and sell the cheap junk under the Monroe name only.In no way are Monroe's even close to being in the same class of quality as Rancho.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually Monroe owns Rancho but Rancho shocks are there best stuff and sell the cheap junk under the Monroe name only.In no way are Monroe's even close to being in the same class of quality as Rancho.

Didn't know that, but doesn't surprise me. Rancho line(s) > Monroe line(s) ;)