Anyone do the EVIC mod on an 06?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckphreak

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying console from 04 Grand Cherokee. Can anyone tell me if this will be compatible and if anyone has done a mod on 06 yet? :)

duckphreak

Reaction score
I have an EVIC from an 04 Liberty in mine. If you do not have TPMS tread carefully.
Lewis

I do have TPMS, what difference does that make? Do I have to rewire the system from the dash alert to the EVIC?

duckphreak

Reaction score
Also, I see an 06 one for sale on eBay, but it doesn't have moonroof controls. I'm thinking about buying it, and cutting in a spot for a switch. Is that possible or should I just keep on looking?

tulsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have TPMS, what difference does that make? Do I have to rewire the system from the dash alert to the EVIC?

Before '05 the receiver for the TPMS was in the EVIC and the pressure sensors had to be located with a training magnet. '05 and after Libertys with TPMS have antennas (one in each of the front fender wells and one in one of the back fender wells)connected to the "wireless unit" which determines which wheel has which pressure sensor. The antennas cannot easily be added if you do not have TPMS. The only soultion is to do what I did use an '04 EVIC with TPMS receiver in the EVIC and add sensors that the '04 EVIC can read or buy an EVIC without TPMS. If you surf the web you can find the part numbers of the EVICs and sensors.
Lewis