Anyoen have a dash cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have thought about it. It would be interesting and would come in handy. I don't know which ones are good and started to do some research but got side-tracked.

Dave

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thought about getting one of these many times. When I had my Mazda 6 I had 2 seperate incidents where people hit me than turned around and tried to blame it on me.

One was in a parking lot. I was sitting in my car, It was full shut off in the parking spot and an old lady in a nice new Caddy backed in to me. Cops didn't do a report since it was private property (grocery store parking lot) and the lady tried to tell insurance later that I slammed in to her.
Second incident was with a damn Avalanche. Was driving beside him down a 4 lane road. He decided he wanted the lane I was in while I was in it and slammed in to the side of me. Was like a quick hard tap than he backed off. Dude tried to tell the police and insurance that I was behind him and tried to fly past him and slammed in to him. The damage did not match his story though so he didn't make it out of that lie to well.

Both times would have been nice to have a rear and front dash cam though. Would have just saved all the back and forth if I could have just been like "oh really? well lets roll the tape and see"

That was all one of the many reasons why I was eager to get a Jeep as my next vehicle instead of another little plastic car though. Got sick of idiots hitting me and minor accidents causing huge amounts of damage.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like most dash cam footage is from russia and involves roadrage and people getting into fights. :nutkick:

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have dash cams in each of my cars. 720P recording. Records cockpit activity, too.

To drive without one is insane.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have dash cams in each of my cars. 720P recording. Records cockpit activity, too.

To drive without one is insane.

Depending on where you live I guess. I kinda want one for MA but at the same time that might be evidence against me.:hidesbehindsofa:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like most dash cam footage is from russia and involves roadrage and people getting into fights.
Here in the states, it can mean helping (or hurting) you in a court case. I've been looking into getting one as well, and pretty much narrowed it down to a (more stealthy) rear view mirror type.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in the states, it can mean helping (or hurting) you in a court case. I've been looking into getting one as well, and pretty much narrowed it down to a (more stealthy) rear view mirror type.

Im sure it can help or hurt you and it wouldn't be a bad idea, I was just stating that there is a lot of dash cam footage from Russia on the web and more than not it involves people getting into fights and roadrage!

I have seen people mount a GoPro camera to their bumper or roof and record wheeling down a trail which is kinda cool too.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sure it can help or hurt you and it wouldn't be a bad idea, I was just stating that there is a lot of dash cam footage from Russia on the web and more than not it involves people getting into fights and roadrage!

Oh yeah I've noticed that too on youtube. There are a lot of crappy drivers and scammers with short fuses in Russia.

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one on mine. is not what one could call stealthy but I like it and has been useful a couple of times. I will take pictures of it tomorrow morning for you. It is a Black Vue don't remember the model number.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a suction cup mounted 1080p.
I like it as it can be easily moved between vehicles.
32 gig stick if I remember right & continuous loop.
I run it at 720p though so I have a 7hr loop time.
49239[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• eGDGxEd.jpg
    eGDGxEd.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a suction cup mounted 1080p.
I like it as it can be easily moved between vehicles.
32 gig stick if I remember right & continuous loop.
I run it at 720p though so I have a 7hr loop time.
49241[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Problem with that is anything adhered to the window or hung from a mirror is illegal in New Jersey and I THINK New York as well (where the OP is from).

I would still do it (I have my GPS mounted on the window), but just for information purposes I figured I'd share.

Attachments

• JeepDVRCamera1.jpg
    JeepDVRCamera1.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 0

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Problem with that is anything adhered to the window or hung from a mirror is illegal in New Jersey and I THINK New York as well...
I've been told that is true in Minnesota as well, or at least the windshield part.

Needs more air fresheners! :D
Well, that is bound to make the poor guy feel good about himself... :rotflmao:

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha it's a '78 Lincoln. Gold exterior, cocaine white interior. It practically came standard with fuzzy dice.

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Gopro mounted in each of my vehicles. I have them mounted in the top passenger corner of the interior of the windshield. Can mount them outside when on the trail or at the track. The Gopro works well. Also use them mountain biking (bike ****, lol)

Alan