anyody use a dash cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been looking a little as I think they are a good idea for both on and off road but still looking/thinking about it.

Thanks for the link. I will check it out later.

Let us know how good that one is when you get it.

Dave

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just use a cell holder and a apps on your phone to record the front. There's no real point recording what is going behind you.
I don't know if it's the same where you live but here video footage is not a proof for insurance or court unless a judge decide he can accept them, which is not likely to happen.

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just use a cell holder and a apps on your phone to record the front. There's no real point recording what is going behind you.
I don't know if it's the same where you live but here video footage is not a proof for insurance or court unless a judge decide he can accept them, which is not likely to happen.

i have one of the cheapest new phones you can get so that is out of the question. For 60 bucks what the hell i dont mind its small

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking a little as I think they are a good idea for both on and off road but still looking/thinking about it.

Thanks for the link. I will check it out later.

Let us know how good that one is when you get it.

Dave

i might order it within the next couple of weeks hopefully it ships fast.

feelinggo

Reaction score
Using a smartphone with a cell holder and a apps can indeed work as a dash camera, but a bit troublesome because you have to configure the apps every time you start recording, also the shockproof performance not so good, so if you have enough budget go ahead with a professional dash camera, check out here, decent dash camera recommended..

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a back up cam on my work truck and it helps out a lot backing up to trailers and what not. If i hauled a trailer a lot and was by myself like at work, then I would for sure have a back up cam in my Jeep!