Anybody have an Alpine with Ipod..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FirstJeep

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking at a few decks for my Jeep right now and I'm interested in the Alpine with ipod full speed built in. Apparently you only have to get a cable and it connects the ipod right to the deck. All of your ipod functions are controlled through the head unit, it looks awesome but i was looking for some answers from somebody who has experience with one of these before i go drop 550$ on the deck.
I have never had an Alpine an was wondering what the quality is like? Anybody have this deck with the cable? how do you like it? anything suck about it?
thanks for all the help.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Alpine and love it, but mine doesn't have the ipod capability. However, a good friend of mine has the Alpine CDA-9857 with the ipod cable and he loves it. I've been with him while using it and yes you can control the song you listen to with the HU. But, everytime he wants to change to a different artist or anything he has to unplug the ipod and find the artist and then plug it back up and listen to it. He has like 4500 songs on the thing though. I don't know if that's the way all of em are or if it's just the way his is hooked up.

FirstJeep

Reaction score
Update

Hello Jeepers,
So I bought a CDA-9856 Alpine with the ipod full speed cable and it is awesome. I only got to play with it for around an hour but what I played with was very impressive. I installed it myself this afternoon in about 35mins, i must say there is not allot of room behind the deck to cram the wiring so you have to be a bit creative but it looks awesome. I like it because it is not overly bright at night compared to the Sirius starmate I have. Just a bit more info for you guys, I also priced out a Pioneer, i think the deh 6800 was the model, but to get the cable to direct connect it to your ipod was almost 200$ !! I could not believe it, this is what really made up my mind on the Alpine because there is no external box with two cords, it is just one cable plugged into the back of the deck for 49$.

But anyways If you are looking for a great deck to connect to your ipod i think this is the way to go. Once i have some more time to play I will post more info.

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FirstJeep...Does the Alpine unit turn off the iPod when you turn off the HU? I'm just wondering because I just installed the Pioneer unit in my wife's KJ and the iPod continues to be on "Play" even if the HU is off.

FirstJeep

Reaction score
yes it does, i turn off the jeep unplug it and walk inside and it is off.
I love it and highly recommend this hu to anybody looking.
\:D/

Latest posts

Members online