Anybody else have frayed seat belts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

megatone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question....does any body else have seat belts that are frayed or ripping? My daughters Liberty has two ripped seat belts. My brother has one ripped in his......I went and window shopped a couple different Liberty's yesterday (I might buy a Sport for myself) and anyways, one of them also had a couple ripped seat belts.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, mine are just fine at 10 years old with no visible wear.

Dave

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All my seat belts are fine with no signs of wearing on them and mine is an 04.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passenger side on the 03 was messed up. Dont ask how, i have no idea. Went to my buddies body shop and ordered a new belt.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine are perfect.
One of the main cause of wear, is the belt rubbing upon, jacket's steel zippers & belt buckles.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are perfect. Another main cause of wear is a weak retractor spring resulting in droopy belts getting slammed in the door jamb.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question....does any body else have seat belts that are frayed or ripping? My daughters Liberty has two ripped seat belts. My brother has one ripped in his......I went and window shopped a couple different Liberty's yesterday (I might buy a Sport for myself) and anyways, one of them also had a couple ripped seat belts.
After 13 years mine are still perfect........................

Biggest cause of that issue I have run into is dogs,about a month ago a land rover owner found out how expensive those suckers are after dropping $2500 on seat belts(3 of them) that his dogs decided to chew on.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 13 years mine are still perfect........................

Biggest cause of that issue I have run into is dogs,about a month ago a land rover owner found out how expensive those suckers are after dropping $2500 on seat belts(3 of them) that his dogs decided to chew on.

I'd take that bill over the guy who left his Jag in a barn over winter, a nice 10K bill for new Upholstery after Rats got in an destroyed it all making nests. My belts are fine, I've never had an issue at all with the belts on any vehicle I have owned fraying out or breaking. Then again I also am uptight about making sure none get stuck in the door or things like that.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '02 seat belts still look good and I slam them in the doors all the time since they made it the law to wear these. Damn things make it harder to actually look in the blind spot I guess they figure just go for it get in an accident the seat belt will save you

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '02 seat belts still look good and I slam them in the doors all the time since they made it the law to wear these. Damn things make it harder to actually look in the blind spot I guess they figure just go for it get in an accident the seat belt will save you

It was my seat belt that saved my life and allowed me to walk away without a scratch when I rolled a car at 75 mph.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was my seat belt that saved my life and allowed me to walk away without a scratch when I rolled a car at 75 mph.

Wow i guess thats what its there for i ran into a wall going 60 on the highway with my montero no seat belt no scratches but i didnt roll i'd probably be dead if i did start to roll

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is only one safety feature you'll see me fight to have removed from vehicles, that is Air-Bags since they are deadly. Air-Bags have and will continue to kill people because they're for the lack of a better term a bomb that detonates with a concussion force of a brick wall punching you.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont have a single problem with my 64 caddy either... but it doesnt have seat belts.