Any way to hook up AMP & SUB to STOCK STEREO...???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buckethead

Reaction score
Sure is, I'm pricing out a system right now for my new KK. You need an amplifier with speaker level inputs. You just splice into your factory harness and there you go! (simplified version).

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal. Makes sense to me since im somewhat stereo-logic. Exactly the answer I was looking for. I knew about the modulator/converter things, but wanted to do without those

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can either use a Line Level Converter or an amp with speaker-level inputs.

With the LLC, you splice into stock wires and it converts the signal to RCA.
With speaker-level inputs, just tap into stock wires and run 18 or 20 gauge wire into the amp.

I'd prefer the speaker-level for ease and sound clarity, but I am running a LLC in mine. I am kicking around the idea of an aftermarket stereo in the near future though.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I have had some noise problems in some friend's installs and it was either a bad ground, or cheap wires run right next to the power cables (usually along the passengers footwell). Here's a great link for dealing with system noise.

http://www.termpro.com/articles/noise.html

Yeah, I have all that info at my old Avenger site. I changed power and ground locations prior to my post, still does it. I got all kinds of neat noises, beeps, blips. They change; when at a stop, it is a steady bip-bip-bip-bip... When I am moving its: bwipbwipbwipbwip...