Any thoughts on a Plan of action for my '03 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eff

Reaction score
Heh y'all-
I bought my new tires last friday- Cooper Discoverer AT3's in my stock size 23570r16- and have been pouring over all the lift posts, websites, and analyzing my needs ~vs~ equipment available more closely.
Ya, i like the idea of off-roading, as a specific activity, but for me it is a vehicle to outdoor activities (which often includes off-road/forest-road travel) which may be 200-300 miles away, or 1,000 miles away on vacation in Utah.wrc.gif

Anyway, here is the plan so far and maybe a Q:manos:
This plan may be counter to what most folks are going for, but these are the same components we're talking about on the Lift Kit Discussion.
1. Maximize ride and handling capabilities.
2. Minimize total lift (1 to 1.5 ideal, or 2" to get the HD packages) to keep stock tire diameter "look" reasonable with maybe wider tires.
3. Go heavy duty to allow hauling of gear and ARB bumper installation w/winch.
4.Utilize only suspension parts that have some longevity- I want to be using the Jeep, not repairing it.

Question: is the JBA coil over kit over-kill for a 1.5" lift?
I am inclined to go with the complete OME kit for $750. Almost Affordable compared to the full-on JBA solution.
Any thoughts?
thanks,
Eff

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome!

The OME kit is great, but for the winch and bumper, the CRD OME springs would be better. Also, check out Bilstein shocks. I love mine.

This is mine with the OME/Bilstein, about 2" of lift in real life, with stock tires...
You must be registered for see images attach

Eff

Reaction score
Hi HJ- thanks for the welcome and your comment.
Ya, your KJ is a real looker and close to what i have in mind.
Do the CRD springs ride smooth enough?
I would rather take my chances w/o the bumper than have a ride that "nobody" likes :disgust::shrug:(wink,wink).

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
To run the OME 790s (CRDs) you will need the weight of the ARB bumper for sure without they are too rough.
With all of the weight I have on mine its a good ride, but without ....:icon_twisted: