Any input on these tires/sizes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I scrapped the wheel/tire idea from 4wheelparts 'cause they couldn't make up their collective minds definitively on whether or not the 15" Rock Crawler wheels would fit my KJ.

Thanks for your help, though.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'm running the Open Country A/Ts.... and I don't think I'm going to buy them again. Excellent traction in all road conditions even decent in small amounts of mud, mean looking as all heck, rotated every 6k.... but....

My concern is... this tread should have lasted about 10k longer than it's going to. I'm going to be up for tires around wintertime of this year. I really wish they'd have lasted longer than 2 years and 35k miles. That's all I'm going to give them. I've got 23k on them now. I think I'm gonna switch my spare in... there's one tire that's lower than the rest of them, not sure why.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you roll down to your dealer they can have a test fit done in 5 minutes.
Just pull a wheel off and slap a 15 up and check to see if they hit. The 15s gave me about 1mm or maybe a little more clearance when I test fit them on the '05 CRD.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CRD, the only problem with that is that I'm in GUAM and there ain't shyte out here for dealers for the Rock Crawlers.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I don't know what to say partner. Your front brakes aren't any different than mine as far as I know, you don't have the rear discs so you should be good to go there. I was stationed in Guam in the Coast Guard so I know a little about where you're coming from. The ausjeepoffroad.com kj forum should be closer to you and can also help as they are running some 15" RockKrawlers down there. You want the most back spacing you can get in that wheel for it to work for you, I think it's 4.5 or 4.75 inches of BS.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CRD4Liberty said:
Well I don't know what to say partner. Your front brakes aren't any different than mine as far as I know, you don't have the rear discs so you should be good to go there. I was stationed in Guam in the Coast Guard so I know a little about where you're coming from. The ausjeepoffroad.com kj forum should be closer to you and can also help as they are running some 15" RockKrawlers down there. You want the most back spacing you can get in that wheel for it to work for you, I think it's 4.5 or 4.75 inches of BS.

Thanks, I'll check out that forum.

Latest posts

Members online