Any Ham's around these parts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

piaa_nissan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Just got around to installing my Ham gear into my KJ and just thoughti would see if there were any other hams on the forum. I would love to see your installs and will post up some pics of mine shortly. Not the easiest vehicle for antenna mounting :p
You must be registered for see images attach

W2RLR

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several that I have seen. My name is Rachel and call is AL7FI, Chugiak, AK.
I have not added any external dual or triband antennas. Using an extended triband on my THF6 Kenwood. The antenna is mounted on suction cups on the inside of the front windshield. If I need to get serious I use a mag mount with a Larson dualbander behind the sunroof, on my 03 Liberty LE.
No HF setup on board yet cause I did not feel like putting a ballmount on the side for my Webster Bandspanner, Besides, there is no place to mount either my TS50 nor my K3 in the cabin.

The THF6 sits in one of the cup holders and works for what I need.

Eicas

Reaction score
That looks good, have been wondering on the best install, still scratching my head.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm usually considered quite a ham............oh, wait.......nevermind:emotions36:

piaa_nissan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to see you all and thank you! The nice thing with the remote head radios is the ability to hide the brain under the seat. I finally went with a Diamond mount for the antenna and was glad I had just enough cable with it to avoid buying the extra coil. Having the piece of mind of having repeater links in the woods is beyond cool if something were to happen.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2