Answer to you window dropping problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trooper

Reaction score
So I just bought my 2004 Liberty Limited on March 25. The driver's side rear window did not work. Emailed Jeep.com and told them I knew there was a problem from reading about all the complaints online and that they need to do what's right and fix it for free since this is a major feature and not some option. Jeep HQ called me within a couple days and told me to take it in to my local Jeep dealer. They made me pay a $50 deductible and covered the rest!!! Rock on!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That is excellent ! One email and good service reply!
Maybe we can all get our regulators fixed for $50....

iMTB

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Well I just went to the Jeep dealership and said hey my lift plate broke and they fixed it for free. :)

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is only one problem with having the dealer fix it - they use the SAME part that just broke, and you'll be back to see him in another 6 months - if you're lucky...

I've had the rear driver/s side replaced 7 times (and 2 times on passenger's side).
Some were done free, some were done w/ a deductable.
Some lasted a year, some only 2 months.
They were even done at two different dealerships

After the first 3 or so, I stopped using the windows at all. Regulators still broke and glass dropped. Twice it broke while the vehicle was parked in the driveway.:favorites68:

I finally spent the $80 each for the Stieger Performance replacements and did it myself. Not hard at all w/ good clear instructions.

http://www.steigerperformance.com/

Once you get it appart, and see how it was made, you'll wonder how it stayed up in the first place...:disgust:

Free replacements at the dealer are great, but who has the time to keep taking it back in over and over again...:shrug:

Last edited:

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is only one problem with having the dealer fix it - they use the SAME part that just broke, and you'll be back to see him in another 6 months - if you're lucky...

I've had the rear driver/s side replaced 7 times (and 2 times on passenger's side).
Some were done free, some were done w/ a deductable.
Some lasted a year, some only 2 months.
They were even done at two different dealerships

After the first 3 or so, I stopped using the windows at all. Regulators still broke and glass dropped. Twice it broke while the vehicle was parked in the driveway.:favorites68:

I finally spent the $80 each for the Stieger Performance replacements and did it myself. Not hard at all w/ good clear instructions.

http://www.steigerperformance.com/

Once you get it appart, and see how it was made, you'll wonder how it stayed up in the first place...:disgust:

Free replacements at the dealer are great, but who has the time to keep taking it back in over and over again...:shrug:

Agreed. I installed one of these and it works GREAT! Buy the aftermarket part and be done with it once and for all.

Latest posts

Members online