Another newbie!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imacarfan2

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just picked up a cheap '03 KJ 6cyl/auto from a friend of a friend. My daughters are 16 and just got their permits. We have a '16 Honda Pilot that we daily, but our daughters are about 4'11", so the pilot seems a little large for them to learn on. A friend's next door neighbor was going to junk his KJ, so we bought it for $500. It has just under 85K on it and runs and drives fine. I had to replace one bulb and need to adjust the e-brakes, but aside from that, it's good to go mechanically. Of course I found a small hole on the driver's side rocker that turned out to be half the rocker being rusted, but I'm going to patch it up so we can get an inspection sticker. This will be my car that the girls will be able to drive. They really like it and I'm really starting to dig it, too! I like the size and how nimble it is. I can use the 4WD around the yard, too.

That's about it for now. See you on the forum...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.
$500 and only 85K already sounds very good.
Take a few photos, I'd be curious to see the rusted rocker areas please.
KJ's are safe vehicles and would be perfect for your daughters.

Latest posts

Members online