Another new member to the site!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krawlr4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I found this site because I'm in the process of doing my 03 KJ Sport up a little and found this to be a great site for info!

In a week or so I will be doing a suspension upgrade, I'm going on 133,000 on stock stuff! (I know, I know, not good but its kinda hard to do Maintenance or upgrades when I'm constantly spending money to keep it running!
I also scored on some 16x8 Moabs on CL, 5 for $250!!! They came off of a 06 LJ and are in great shape!
I really like the look of those on the KJ! Still looking and deciding on tires tho..

I'm thinking of OME 926 or 927's in the front and 947 or 948 in rear
but I'm a lil confused because I have a 2.4L engine and from what I've read
The HD springs provide a little tighter' ride and a slightly higher stance
but whats best for the smaller engine? I don't plan on running a heavy bumper
anytime soon, I just want a nice ride and a higher stance.
So should I go with MED or HD springs?
Right now im 18 1/2" in front and 19" in the rear
I'm also a lil confused on Shocks and struts.. Would I be better of going with
OME springs and Bilstein shocks? It seems theirs mixed feelings about the OME shocks and struts?

Any input on this would be very much appreciated!

Other than that, everything I read seems straight forward and very useful but I just thought I'd share whats going on with my KJ!

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Tom will chime in on you lift questions, he can help you more than I can.
But I can welcome you to the forum. Great community, lots of knowledge and a few oddballs thrown in the mix

Welcome:hat:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome - you are in the right place for good help! :cheers:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Untill Tom answers I will offer my opinion - Go with the 927's & 948's for this reason, the 926's are the same spring rate as the factory springs and will sag over time quicker. The 948's will give you a firmer ride but will allow you to carry more weight (luggage etc.) without sagging the springs.

krawlr4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Untill Tom answers I will offer my opinion - Go with the 927's & 948's for this reason, the 926's are the same spring rate as the factory springs and will sag over time quicker. The 948's will give you a firmer ride but will allow you to carry more weight (luggage etc.) without sagging the springs.

Thanks for the advise and the warm welcomes, glad to be here!
John3, this is what I was pondering over so I'm glad I was on the right track!
So by going with 927/948, will I need to add anything else to achieve at least 2-2.5" lift? Clevis/Iso's? Or will I get right around 2-2.5" with just the springs alone, being that I have the lightest engine in all the KJ family?!