Another new guy here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
My name is Calvin and of Thusday evening I am the owner of a '05 Sport CRD in silver .
I bought the Liberty for my commuting ride because of the CRD fuel milage and the 4 wheel drive. With a round trip of 110 miles a day 6 day a week, my last car('01 Trans Am WS6) was eating me out of house and home LOL. Not to mention since the company I work for is contracted to the US Postal Service it's not like I can call in because of snow.

Now I just need to tire shopping tomorrow while I can still get something out of the freeking Goodyears on the thing and get some real tires.

maureen58

Reaction score
I know that alot of people don't like Goodyear tires, but I have had basically good luck with them. When I got my 05 Libby Limited, I went to a local Goodyear dealer and traded the stock Wrangler HP tires, which I had on a previous Cherokee and knew their wet traction was terrible, and got Forenzas which Tire Rack reviewers said were a good tire. After 5000 miles I have not been disappointed. We'll see when the snow comes since it is more of a highway tread. If you drive mostly on the highway then all season tires will wear the best for you, they just don't look as tough. Anyway going to a Goodyear Tire Dealer, if you have a decent one where you live, will probably get you the best trade in value for your tires. An independent dealer will probably carry other lines beside Goodyear also. Good luck.

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome !
Nice color choice....I, too, ditched the OEM Goodyear Wrangler ST's........in favor of some P235/70R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO's. My wife's '02 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4 had the Wrangler SRA's on them and they held up well....50k +. Last December, we installed the REVO's on her '02. After buyin the '05 Limited 4x4 CRD in April, she said "you need to get me some more REVO's and get rid of those 'sissy' tires" so I did. I sold all five of the ST's back to the dealer for $300, paid $353.45 out the door for five REVO's (after my BSFS sales associate discount) and got a $75 rebate back....long story short, I made $21.54 on the deal as well.
Welcome again.
Greg
You must be registered for see images

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of KJ's.

I run Cooper discoverer ST's (235/70 r16's) and they do a great job.....

Ian

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Your CRD sounds like a perfect postal vehicle! And a Jeep to! Congratulations and you'll enjoy it.

Also, did your dealer have more Limited CRD's over Sports?

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Welcome! Your CRD sounds like a perfect postal vehicle! And a Jeep to! Congratulations and you'll enjoy it.

My "postal vehicle" is a really a International straight truck with a 24' box (biggrin) the jeep is what going to get me to it.

The dealer I bought from was in Terre Haute and the had 3 CRD on the lot when I bought mine:
1 Silver sport (mine)
1 Dark khaki sport
and 1 maroon limited that sold the same day I got mine.

Mine and the limited were the first CRDs that the dealer had sold and they couldn't get over the fact they had sold 2 in one day.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bonehead said:
grogiefrog said:

My "postal vehicle" is a really a International straight truck with a 24' box (biggrin) the jeep is what going to get me to it.

The dealer I bought from was in Terre Haute and the had 3 CRD on the lot when I bought mine:
1 Silver sport (mine)
1 Dark khaki sport

Mine and the limited were the first CRDs that the dealer had sold and they couldn't get over the fact they had sold 2 in one day.

Oh! I live out in the country (for the time being) and the postal carrier uses his own vehicle (a Caravan).

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are going to ditch the Factory tires go up a size to 245/70R16 they will fit with no rubbing and it will give you a little more clearance underneath

DSCN1055.jpg

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Bonehead said:
grogiefrog said:

1 Silver sport (mine)
1 Dark khaki sport

Oh! I live out in the country (for the time being) and the postal carrier uses his own vehicle (a Caravan).

Yea the rural carriers here use the own vehicles too................my job, what I do is haul the mail from a main PO to smaller ones then its delivered by the carriers from there.

BTW where in Indiana you live?

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fouros said:
if you are going to ditch the Factory tires go up a size to 245/70R16 they will fit with no rubbing and it will give you a little more clearance underneath

DSCN1055.jpg

Thats the plan going to go with BFGs AT in 245/70/16 when ever I can get to the tire store (biggrin) .

Liberty & Justice

Reaction score
...and another new Jeep owner....

We bought an 02 Jeep Liberty Sport w/37K just last night.
We havent put much of a test on it yet but we sure like everything so far. We've been wanting a Liberty for almost a year now.

I had a 79 Renegade for about a year in 96 #-o .....it was a beast though.

I plan on scanning and lurking this site to learn alot more about our Liberty than my little manual can teach me.

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Liberty & Justice said:
...and another new Jeep owner....

We bought an 02 Jeep Liberty Sport w/37K just last night.
We havent put much of a test on it yet but we sure like everything so far. We've been wanting a Liberty for almost a year now.

I had a 79 Renegade for about a year in 96 #-o .....it was a beast though.

I plan on scanning and lurking this site to learn alot more about our Liberty than my little manual can teach me.

Welcome from one new guy to another nana.gif

Liberty & Justice

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome DNM & Bonehead -

My 1st question is - how do you guys keep the black plastic on this vehicle clean, looking good, from fading, etc, like around each wheel well, around bumpers, etc
Is there something better than Armor-All, or something just for this plastic .... ?

Thanks in advance for replys.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Liberty & Justice said:
Thanks for the welcome DNM & Bonehead -

My 1st question is - how do you guys keep the black plastic on this vehicle clean, looking good, from fading, etc, like around each wheel well, around bumpers, etc
Is there something better than Armor-All, or something just for this plastic .... ?

Thanks in advance for replys.

Mothers Back To Black. Comes in a red bottle, can be found at your local wally world in the automotive celaning supplies isle (I live in that isle...lol). Get that and a pack of Terry Towels. Apply it to a towel and rub it in on all the plastic, go around the entier Jeep. Then go back with the other side of the towel (dry side) and work it in some more. Gives it that new look again. Usually lasts for a few weeks too.

Latest posts

Members online