And it came...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not rained since along time agos.. So I twas happy tots.. :D

Gave it a coat of Megs NXT wax two weeks ago. Washed it once since then and this is the first rain since.. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Megs All season dressing. I put it on all external plastic including the fender wells.

Megs NXT

Got these last weekend.. Had to try them out.. Ill never buy a different brand again.. These cant be beat..

This is what paint should NOT look like in the rain... Tis the green jeep.. :(

Ive just not had time to work on the other vehicles.. Hemi needs to be clayed something awful and the Green Jeep needs some polish and wax.. I may give it a quick coat of NXT tomorrow.. Only thing that ***** about that is it is hard to get off if you dont clay and polish before it... May just use cleaner wax.. yet again, only thing about that, it will leave white residue on the plastic and since that jeep is made of plastic, its hard to miss with a PC and theres no way Im taping all that off.. Guess Ill suck it up and use the NXT.. Seems like it doesnt leave residue on plastic.. Probably b/c its synthetic.. Anyway.. Enjoy..

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those droplets will blow right off, just do a 70mph run (not in the rain) and they'll blow right off (it looks oily?)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice droplets, jeepster.........hehe

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those droplets will blow right off, just do a 70mph run (not in the rain) and they'll blow right off (it looks oily?)

True, but it would get covered in crap. Coal Trucks keep the roads covered in dirt around here so I try not to drive when it rains.

What looks like it has oil on it?

2003KJ

Reaction score
(it looks oily?)

LOL I think he just ran outside and started looking all over his Jeep for oil!

Seriously dude the Jeep looks great. Just be glad your KJ is a Limited....takes me just as long to put protectant on the exterior plastic as it does to wash and clean the inside of the whole thing!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL I think he just ran outside and started looking all over his Jeep for oil!

He better hide that Jeep before the birds find it...........

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The handle. You know when you leave something greasy and a water comes in contact. The angle and the blur on the picture, plus the droplets, makes it look like you greased the handle :)

2003KJ

Reaction score
He better hide that Jeep before the birds find it...........

Dave

Soooooo THATS why I havent seen the birds lately! They're all circling his Jeep! Just waiting for that moment when he finally does put the bottle of wax down and go inside.....:D

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude, how much do you charge for a cleaning? ive got about 15 stickers that are caked on, tar/sap that is stuck on, all factory stickers are fading or falling off, and all of the plastic is faded light gray. oh not to mention under the bonnet is a complete nightmare - thanks to advice from Tim, I got some of that under control though.

sadly my liberty would make you sick. maybe i need to try some of these weapons of cleaning you speak about...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeepster should start a detailing business. If I was closer I would be a customer.

Dave

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and BTW, the rainx blades suck, you wont like them in due time. I wasnt happy at how quickly they wore

bosch is the way to go

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
RainX is ok for like a month or so, Bosch is better, I agree.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and BTW, the rainx blades suck, you wont like them in due time. I wasnt happy at how quickly they wore

bosch is the way to go

RainX is ok for like a month or so, Bosch is better, I agree.

I've had them on for nearly a year and they still wipe the windshield clean. No breaks in the wipers, no miss spots on the windshield, and no squeaks. I'll replace them by winter time to get a fresh set on.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Personally, i'm a fan of the Napa Exact Fit wiper blades. Very affordable and work pretty damn good....and i'm **** about my wipers.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, i'm a fan of the Napa Exact Fit wiper blades. Very affordable and work pretty damn good....and i'm **** about my wipers.

I also used the "Rain-x" washer fluid instead of the cheap stuff and I noticed that it makes a difference and seems help the wipers keep the windshield cleaner.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I charged $75 when I detailed cars last. That wasn't an insane detailing though. I gave it a good wash(paint, wheels, fender wells, etc), coat of cleaner wax, and detailed the inside(everything). If I detailed a car as much as I did mine, it would be around $150-200..

Im not saying that I dont do a good job on the ones that I detail. I just dont do as many steps. IE, engine, underbody, Clay, paint cleaner, polish, NXT wax, #26 wax, etc.