Amp mount to Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jggv98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think it would be a problem with the amp mounted to the Sub box?

it is a matter of time?

Attachments

• DSC02666a.jpg
    DSC02666a.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC02675a.jpg
    DSC02675a.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

AMPlibby06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not at all! I've found that most professional install places prefer to just screw it straight the back of the sub box. I've done that for years, until I got my KJ and found that there was plenty of room under back driver's side seat. It's actually easier to run wires there too, because you don't have to run them all the way back to the cargo area (other than your speaker wire). And, seatbelt bolts make a great ground location for the amp!

The only problem you could really hit is if you have a very small sub box (which you do) and a somewhat heavy amp. But it seems that you've figured that out by strapping it in place! Tip: Velcro on the bottom of the box and floor also helps keep it in place and looks a little nicer.

jggv98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under back driver seat

Not at all! I've found that most professional install places prefer to just screw it straight the back of the sub box. I've done that for years, until I got my KJ and found that there was plenty of room under back driver's side seat. It's actually easier to run wires there too, because you don't have to run them all the way back to the cargo area (other than your speaker wire). And, seatbelt bolts make a great ground location for the amp!

The only problem you could really hit is if you have a very small sub box (which you do) and a somewhat heavy amp. But it seems that you've figured that out by strapping it in place! Tip: Velcro on the bottom of the box and floor also helps keep it in place and looks a little nicer.

How do you screw (install) the amp under the back of the driver seat?

Do you have any pic?

Thanks

AMPlibby06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i honestly never even bothered to screw it into place. It fit so nicely in the little hole under there that I'm not worried about it going anywhere. I don't have any pics but I can take some when I get back on break this weekend if you'd like.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
I have mounted my amps to the boxes for years:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

That was in the trunk of my Avenger...

jggv98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks......i will keep the amp at the same place

Also i will add velcro on the bottom of the box

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, had mine mounted to the side of my box for around 3 years now... Not had any problems at all.

Also, my bro has had his mounted on his sub for over 5 years with no problems..