allignment after a lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck finding extended tie rod ends.You'd have to some custom machining to flip the outer tie rod ends.

Yeah, I know. That's why "it WOULD be nice" for an aftermarket item. There's a huge gap there that someone could fill. Maybe tie rod ends are too much of a safety concern? Who knows.

There's some things that are needed for our setup, and that is one of the main ones IMO.

I have the original ends still and they are solid.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think extended tie rods would be a good aftermarket item.

Has anyone ever researched it before? Some tie rod ends look like you could flip them over after you put balljoints in them from the other side. That would help some. Just thinking.....

Extended Why?
Stock work fine for no more height than we can go

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have aftermarket upper a-arms that fix balljoint angles, so why not tie rod ends?

They work, but they could probably work better. I think its obviously not going to happen but I challenge someone to make some or find some other tie rod ends that would fit better than our stock ones.

We can't just be satisfied now can we?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have aftermarket upper a-arms that fix balljoint angles, so why not tie rod ends?

They work, but they could probably work better. I think its obviously not going to happen but I challenge someone to make some or find some other tie rod ends that would fit better than our stock ones.

We can't just be satisfied now can we?
It's not that extended joints can not be found it's the fact they will do nothing to help as the angles would still be the same.You either have to raise the mounting spot of the knuckle(for safety a new knuckle would have to be cast) or lower the R&P steering gear which would not be very possible in a KJ withount major mods and by then might as well just go SFA and junk the whole R&P steering anyways.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.