All J products Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've looked in the threads and can't find any one who might have one. ](*,) "Interior Rack" Let's face it for $280 buck I could have it made cheeper. What I'm looking for are the dim. and pics of the underside. The resting points (corners). I've seen the others that have been made out of wood, but really like the stainless look better.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind fabricating something like that for my Libby but it got me thinking about the importance of fastening it down. Should you ever roll your Jeep the last thing you need flying about the cab is a metal shelf :eek:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I wouldn't mind fabricating something like that for my Libby but it got me thinking about the importance of fastening it down. Should you ever roll your Jeep the last thing you need flying about the cab is a metal shelf :eek:

Agreed!
I watched an episode to Top Gear on BBC and they showed what (could) happens with a brief case left on a rear parcel shelf in a rear end collision. 70mph to 0 no time.
Deadly projectile.
Best one was a girls doll that launched through the windshield from the rear parcel shelf.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can give you a hint: the rear is held by 2 bolts and nutsertz..

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for the hint. chairshot.gif I'm sure there is someone out there that will give me a little more than that though. I'm not trying to make a living off these things. Just like the look, Can build (1) for 1/4 the cost.

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, look at where the factory cargo cover "snaps" into the plastic trim in the rear cargo compartment. A slide and sort of notch molded into the plastic and the shiny black metal brackets behind the seats. Then do a search on the site for this topic and look at how the fellow KJ enthusiasts have made them out of wood metal or alloy. Then check out the various "commercial" out fits and study them. From all the visual information you acquire, you will more than likely start seeing how it goes together and might come up with something completely unique!
Hope this helps ya some more.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, look at where the factory cargo cover "snaps" into the plastic trim in the rear cargo compartment. A slide and sort of notch molded into the plastic and the shiny black metal brackets behind the seats. Then do a search on the site for this topic and look at how the fellow KJ enthusiasts have made them out of wood metal or alloy. Then check out the various "commercial" out fits and study them. From all the visual information you acquire, you will more than likely start seeing how it goes together and might come up with something completely unique!
Hope this helps ya some more.

For sure!!!! Thanks. Getting the cost of stainless sheeting.rockon.gif

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
For sure!!!! Thanks. Getting the cost of sinless sheeting.rockon.gif

Stainless steel is nice... But do you really need it? If for looks alone and "bragging rights"... Ok. Aluminum when brushed, polished or machined turned (that goes for SS as well.) looks trick as well and is cheaper (depending on the grade of aluminum- and it's not like you need aircraft grade alloy, bragging rights again!)

For me I'd just use cheap grade sheet steel/ aluminum and 3/4-1 inch square tubing.
My design challenge is the fact that I have a wheelchair tucked in the back of the cargo area and makes for a real pain in the ****** to come up with something that look good first and functional, and then is actually useful!
Then I think, just pack the back moderately full with all our travel crap, yet keep reasonable access to the wheelchair and stow the rest in the roof box.

liv42dy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go Home Made 25 bucks:):)
You must be registered for see images attach

liv42dy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill take some a few angles and post it, but just keep it in mind i had to make room for my air tank, keep this post going I will take care of it by Wed.