All Auto Ventshade owners please check in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yippee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello.

Looking for some opinions/experience from any Auto Ventshade owners on here. I'm looking to get a set of the Ventvisors (rain guards, wind deflectors, etc) here soon for the '05 Limited. I'm just curious who has the in-channel version and who has the outside mount version and what your opinion of them are. I'm trying to decide which version to order.

Thanks so much

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In-channel will always look better. I think it comes down to aesthetics but I don't have any experience with them on a liberty so I don't know if they work well.

Rsb563

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have outside the channel installed by previous owner. Would prefer inchannel for cleaner look but not going to change it now.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the vent visor in-channel ones. Have had them since the jeep was about a year old so they have been in there about 10 years. (05KJ) They are still good. They were more expensive than the ones that go on the outside but you get what you pay for and they look better in my opinion anyway.

Dave

Last edited:

fastcarsspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in channel. I had them on my other cars and love em. My dad has them on his new/used liberty and I am thinking about "Borrowing" them.

mkarns02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auto Ventshade

I have the outside version on both of my '07 Libertys.

No problem with them at all.

I use an automatic carwash very frequently with both Jeeps and they've never "let loose"!

I love 'em!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the stick ons. Specifically for our vehicle I find that they look better because they cover the whole rear window. The in channel do only the portion of the window that goes down.

You must be registered for see images

I've had zero problems with the stick ons. I've cracked them off road...but that would have happened with the in channel ones too.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
All I have ran on any vehicle for years now are the outside ( stick on's)
Much better looking and no problems with them coming off ever.IMO
Also don't like that extra amount in the channel, could cause issues with the windows rolling up in some cases
also goes back over both rear side windows where the in-channel only covers the part that goes up and down
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Jeep stick on vent visors and they have been great for the past 7 years. Had to replace the passenger front one when a bird flew into it on the highway, which probably protected the glass from damage. Scared the heck out of me and my passenger though.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stick ons were on mine when i bought it, never had a problem except for a small crack in one. Took the front bug deflector off a month ago and glad i did because it traps water and dirt more than deflects bugs.... and looks a lot better without it

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside stick ons here. Been great for 4 years or so maybe. Always add these to my vehicles

Members online