Alignment issues with JBA arms (NOT without???)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to swing down sometime. Maybe I'll see about doing it next Friday then staying at my parents house in Lavallette.

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UGH come on!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

This is starting to get frustrating. Sitting at 23" both sides in front. It's been aligned before WITHOUT A-Arms. Why am I having so many problems with??

I don't quite understand how I can be perfectly aligned on one side and the other just can't happen.

@Sota - which Firestone are you referring to? This one?

Auto Repair & Tires - Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922-1240 - 292 Springfield Ave | Firestone Complete Auto Care

I thought you were down south more.

May need to bring it over there. I need some major help. And a different shop.

Last edited:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be his adjustment bolts were siezed. Thats whats up with mine. I just dont care enough to fix em. "What do i need an alignment for? I've got 2 hands!"

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I took it to another shop and got new tires.

Not a single Firestone around me could even come CLOSE to the numbers my body shop came to. My other option was to grind out the alignment slot a little bigger but i decided against. The alignment is about as close to the edge of the accepted tolerance that it can be.

sdg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, after installing my JBA arms, I also had issues with alignment. I got the alignment slots widened just a tad, which helped a bit. What helped definitely and resolved the problem, though, was finding the proper person to do the alignment. So, in such a case, I would recommend to look for a "jeep-specific" shop or just an experienced person. Good luck.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I took it to another shop and got new tires.

Not a single Firestone around me could even come CLOSE to the numbers my body shop came to. My other option was to grind out the alignment slot a little bigger but i decided against. The alignment is about as close to the edge of the accepted tolerance that it can be.

Wow, what a pain in the butt! Glad it worked out!.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, what a pain in the butt! Glad it worked out!.

Done over 35 KJ lifts with most getting the JBA UCAs
NEVER once had any issues with alignments ,
just need a good alignment shop to take the extra time and do it right
ALSO should never have to " make the holes larger etc unless you have other damage somewhere
So don't worry about it

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tom: would you mind detailing what the shop monkey should already know to get a good alignment done? this way I can make sure mine has a clue? also have the lifetime firestone alignment and I want to maximize it.