Alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my car is equiped with the default JEEP alarm, what type of alarm system is it (make/model)? Supposedly my dealer upgraded my alarm after I complained to them, but I'm not sure if they did. The alarm that I currently have makes multi sounds, meaning it will beep.. beep.. one min and the second min it will whoop whoop, etc.. the annoying alarm. I wanted to see if the dealer acutally performed the "upgraded".

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what brand it may be, but there are a few offerings out there called "keyless entry upgrades". I put one of these types of alarms on my previous vehicle and will probably put one on my Jeep as well (I think it was the Hornet 714T).
Basically, the alarm wires to the door locks and when it gets a lock or unlock signal from the actuator's wires, it knows to arm or disarm. The concept is pretty simple. What this adds to your OEM security is starter kill (I connected this to the fuel pump), shock sensor (and inputs fo other sensors) and a channel output (for remote starter, window control etc). The alarm I had gave you the option to arm and disarm without chirps. If they left you an owner's manual, the programming info will be in there. If not, you can ask the dealer about the brand and you can get the information on the web. You could also hunt down the brain to discover the manufacturer.