Alarm led on cluster not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

webbie

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this. The Flashing alarm red led has stopped working on my KJ. It now doesn't even come up if you force the cluster to do the check out procedure (hold the trip in ignition on). It was after the battery had been off a while when the new clutch was being fitted. I can only assume the body controller has gone back to a none alarm configuration setting and needs to be reset back. The RKE works and the car locks/unlocks and flashes the di's etc but the alarm side does nothing no light no alarm. I have check the wiring to the siren and the intrusion sensor and it all seems ok and goes where it should. And the led feed in the cluster to the positive side does a few other lights that do work. I don't suppose there is a way of telling without the dealer tool.

webbie

Reaction score
Hi Tony, Nothing when the door or any perimiter is opened no alarm no lights, also nothing from the intrusion sensor. I can only assume (may be wrongly) that the body module has decided it’s a no security option and has switched that part off it off even though the siren and ITS module are hangining on the PCI bus so it knows they are fitted and its the higher spec body module. strange I know but that’s the only thing I can think off. If there was a fault I believe it’s supposed to just stay on all the time. It will probably be a trip to the dealer to see what they think. (BETTER START SAVING UP !)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.