Air Vent Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indynewfie

Reaction score
Long story short. The times I've wheeld thus far it's been windows down, air system off, and lots of fun. However when the weekend is over and I turn the air back on (fan) i get alot of dirt/dust blow through the vents. Makes the whole inside of my interior gritty, enough to cover most of the front leather with a coating of fine dirt/dust.

So the question I have is A) has any one else experienced this
if yes) is there anything i can do about it. ie: where is the air "intake for the vents and could it be covered(screened)
if no) what could be the possible issues? (dirt build up underneath somewhere that's drawn into the vent intake???)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't air come in from the vents between the hood and windshield? Could you spray this off first? :-s

2003KJ

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Doesn't air come in from the vents between the hood and windshield? Could you spray this off first? :-s

X2...or cover them up with plastic before you start.

fujitsubo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
indynewfie said:
Long story short. The times I've wheeld thus far it's been windows down, air system off, and lots of fun. However when the weekend is over and I turn the air back on (fan) i get alot of dirt/dust blow through the vents. Makes the whole inside of my interior gritty, enough to cover most of the front leather with a coating of fine dirt/dust.

Air must be pretty dusty, perhaps you drive on dusty roads constantly? Air come from outside and channelled through your air filter as well and linked to your vents.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
gee, um that's an inconvience....

I don't think the liberty has a air filter on the cabin air, perhaps the best thing you could do is run the vent on high and just run all the gunk out until it stops.

Bennett