Air door blend issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raybird2112

Reaction score
Did you/they replace the accumulator or any sensors at all? And what temps have you been driving in during the issues? (Glad to hear your issue is solved btw)

What still bugs me is that the low-pressure switch is supposed to prevent operation during a low-charge scenario. And supposedly prevent operation at all below 30F. The service manual (p24-2) reads "To maintain min evap temp and prevent evap freezing, the low-pressure switch on the accumulator cycles the compressor clutch."

The previous owner of my car said they had to replace the AC compressor twice in the two years prior. Sounded like they didn't really understand the cause of failure. Perhaps related. But the AC worked great for me all last summer.
Hey, I just replaced the AC compressor. It had a full charge but a seal broke in the compressor itself and the compressor oil was leaking out. It eventually burst and made my ac compressor smoke. After being replaced, no blend issues and it's working fine. I'm running it anywhere from 0-35 degrees. Absolutely no issues in a week's time.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that, to me, lends a little more credence to the possible low charge as an issue, to this whole sorry problem.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low charge will not cause icing issues... IF... The low pressure switch is working correctly.

A low charge will only cause it to under perform.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given the bizarre nature of this problem, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a window where it's low enough to cause problems but not low enough that the switch will be involved.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.