Ahhh Crap!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went rinding in the mountains today and ran over a tree limb that was laying on the road and it popped up and made a big scratch in my drivers side fender and door, and a small dent. it might can be buffed out as i know how to paint and do body work but i dont have all the right equipment right now. i am so pissed. and its black...black is the color you must get perfect in everything you do to it or it will show. almost sick. at 33 this is my first new vehicle and have kept it so perfect until now. just makes me mad that IF i would have drove 3 inches left it wouldnt have happened.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bummer......first battle scar.

Mine is black also and I try to be so careful.....So far I have managed very light trail rash that mostly buffed out.

But my worst wack was in a parking lot. I am still mad about that one. I park as far away from everyone as possible 99.99% of the time and this one time I was in a hurry and wack.......so I can't even say I did it off road.

Dave

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go back out and srape up the passenger side so it will match.

I just gave up buffing after about the 4 th. time I went wheeling. I now have a great looking collection of battle scars.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Thar repair manual is for when you have a rust hole in your Toyota...
You stuff the book into the rust hole, add fiberglass resin, let dry throughly and sand down using grinders, and all other "conventional" body tools.
Then prime over entire area and finish off with colour match paint.

This saves on expensive bodywork!
Especially when selling the car. What you can't see can't hurt!

I've seen this done in a body shop in Holland to great success! However, they used white pages phone books!

As far as the gouge and dent caused by the unrefined paper product?

Take some photographs of the damage for histories sake and then repair or have repaired.
When heading out on another adventure be sure to have a copy of that picture with you so that you can look at it before you start driving!

That way you will steer those extra three inches to make sure you clear the next obstacle! ;)

I'm not one to fix every trail pin striping but, some types of damage just needs fixing or your vehicle will end up looking like a heap.

Cheers

Ry'

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thar repair manual is for when you have a rust hole in your Toyota...
You stuff the book into the rust hole, add fiberglass resin, let dry throughly and sand down using grinders, and all other "conventional" body tools.
Then prime over entire area and finish off with colour match paint.

This saves on expensive bodywork!
Especially when selling the car. What you can't see can't hurt!

I've seen this done in a body shop in Holland to great success! However, they used white pages phone books!

As far as the gouge and dent caused by the unrefined paper product?

Take some photographs of the damage for histories sake and then repair or have repaired.
When heading out on another adventure be sure to have a copy of that picture with you so that you can look at it before you start driving!

That way you will steer those extra three inches to make sure you clear the next obstacle! ;)

I'm not one to fix every trail pin striping but, some types of damage just needs fixing or your vehicle will end up looking like a heap.

Cheers

Ry'
I use duct tape:D.

exactly why I bedlined the lower 1/3 of my KJ.