Aftermarket Component System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ'S KJ

Reaction score
So I just installed an aftermarket component speaker system in the front doors in my kj. I just put the crossovers just in behind the speaker and when i went to roll down my windows they didn't go down all the way. So that means that they are either hitting the back of the speaker or the top of the x-over. I don't think its the speaker because the new ones aren't much deeper than stock ones, but if it is the x-overs then where do you guys that have aftermarket component speakers have your x-overs?

LIBERTY_SQ

Reaction score
I have placed the passive crossovers in between the door sheet metal and the plastic on some vehicles that have space and under the dash in vehicles that don't.

I wouldn't put them in the door cavity where the window glass goes simply because when it rains, water runs into there and it's not good for the crossovers to get wet.

I haven't gotten into the Liberty door yet, but I should start the install soon. I'll try to look this weekend and see if there's a good spot for them behind the door panel and let you know.

Hope that helps somewhat!

AJ'S KJ

Reaction score
Yeah i just finished amping them and i moved the x-overs inside. it's a bit more work trying to get 2 wire through the boot in the door but what ever its done now anyway.

Members online

No members online now.