After months of searching...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I finally found and purchased a Silver 04' Limited with 85,000 km's. Pick it up on Friday :D

First thing is first, I ordered clear corners for it off e-bay.

Now, on to the mechanical.

I was thinking of flushing and replacing the oil, ****** fluid, both diffs, the radiator, replace the plugs, and fuel filter.

Is there anything that I am missing?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
New Liberty Congrats on the 04 purchase with 85k or 51 k miles.
Without a previous history all of the fluids,lubes, as mentioned above etc should all get changed out.
The power steering, rad, and brake fluids often are neglected.
If you are doing some of the work you self, make sure you know exactly what lube-oil and fluids to use in the Jeep they are very specific.
I would normally let the dealer do the transmission flush as they have the right machine for the job and are familiar with the correct procedures. Same goes for rad and power steering. Then there is warranty available should something leak or not be 100 % after the above flushes. Does you jeep have factory skids? If so they have been installed with nutserts, and will let other's chime in about removing them. (nutsert tools)
The rear diff requires GL5-75w-90 and a limited slip additive if you have a trac-lok rear end, this should be changed out every 20,000km.
Most of this is in need on mine soon too, maybe I can get a dealer special for them all?

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are slipping here......:rolleyes:

Not one of you bothered to mention that he'll need to have the muffler bearings re-chromed with that many miles on it.
And what about the front & rear thermostatic modulator valves that should be replaced......:D