Advice on Suspension Upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gabe Voorhees

Reaction score
I have an 2wd '07 Liberty with 142k miles on it and, needless to say, the suspension is long gone. I have some meatier size 235 tires and 2in hubcentric spacers as a side note. The suspension bottoms out over every little bump and it kills me inside when i hear it. Tires like to rub when hard turning as well, so I'm suffering on my turn radius. My question is, with the current mileage, is it worth doing a complete suspension revamp? Thinking of a 2in lift to ditch that rubbing and get a bit more of an aggressive look. If so, about how much would it cost? I've heard the OBS (or was it OME..?) lift is the only one worth getting for a 2in lift, any specifics on which one to pick up? How much would it typically cost me in parts if I'm doing the work myself? Sorry for the long post, but I'm very much brainstorming this whole plan and seeing what's feasible and if my Jeep is even worth the parts. Thinking of getting a lunchbox locker for the rear and doing some engine work as well. Thanks in advance!

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Offroadwarehouse.com

OME springs and shocks around $900 to do bow and stern.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Your first issue is the worn out suspension
second is the wheel spacers

But OME 927/948 combo will give you 2.5 inches of lift and set level
Then either the right OME or Bilstein shocks
Teraflex front bumpstops
rear bumpstops, 2 hockey pucks per side bolted down to lower spring perch

Dirtyrat

Reaction score
OME and Jeepin by Al upper control arms with 1” ball joint spacers. And don’t forget your bump guards

Dirtyrat

Reaction score
I had to buy them for mine. It’s not that bad. Stops you control arms from hitting your springs.