Advice on buying a used KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
actually that started in 2005

Nope, 2006. I had a 2006 WITH it, my sister's 2005 LACKS it.

The addition of the electronic goodies in the KJ doesn't seem to be popular with anyone. IMO it's because of the bad implementation related to the J1850 Bus used in the KJ. But it works fine in the KK.... which uses a much faster CAN bus.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
If it truly had ABS/ESP/TC/ERM and all those other acronyms then it was either a 2006 or 2007. Plain and simple.

Now ABS was an option in 2005. But it didn't come with all the rest of the acronyms until 2006.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone...ever, at any time been able to get more than 16 gallons into their 04+ libby? I've driven mine way after the fuel light has come on, and I've never been able to get more than like 16.2 gallons into it.

I've put like 18.5 in mine.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If it truly had ABS/ESP/TC/ERM and all those other acronyms then it was either a 2006 or 2007. Plain and simple.

Now ABS was an option in 2005. But it didn't come with all the rest of the acronyms until 2006.

Maybe it was a very very late 05....border line 06???:confused:

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't give people advice on *********** their fuel pump

He asked a question and I provided an answer. I'm confident that all of the people reading this forum know the effects of running your vehicle on or near empty for extended periods of time. However, since there is still gasoline being drawn through the fuel pump, the fuel pump motor is still being lubricated and no imediate death happens. Heat up? Sure it does. Kill it instantly? No it doesn't.

Chrysler being the biggest liar of all...

Fixed a little...

Reasoning: The engineers program the EVIC to display 0 miles left until empty in order to avoid having people run out of gas. It's sort of like a reminder really when you hit 0 that you should start thinking about getting gas. Could you imagine the lawsuit. Guy stranded because his vehicle ran out of gas with 0 miles left on the EVIC....

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
He asked a question and I provided an answer. I'm confident that all of the people reading this forum know the effects of running your vehicle on or near empty for extended periods of time. However, since there is still gasoline being drawn through the fuel pump, the fuel pump motor is still being lubricated and no imediate death happens. Heat up? Sure it does. Kill it instantly? No it doesn't.

was a tongue-in-cheek comment, sir

Members online

No members online now.