Advice on a wrangler unlimited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cris

Reaction score
after i had to say goodbye to my liberty i just bought a cheap car to go to work in, but i have been offered a jeep wrangler unlimited 2010 80km in mango tango orange, its only the sport but it does look nice, have any of you guys had a wrangler is so are the a good buy, thanks

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC that model year engine is somewhat less than desirable...the 'new' v6 is much more powerful and reliable...I'd do some snooping around on Wrangler Forums and get their advice to be sure....HTH

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Co workers 3.8L JK burned oil something awful, From what i've read its not an isolated incident.

Got the 3.6 in my minivan, excellent engine.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x3 on the Engine choice. Get the new Pentastar if you can swing it. The 3.8L is a hog and an oil burner.

termin8ed

Reaction score
From what I've seen the intake gaskets leak on all the 3.8's and on some the piston rings gum up and burn oil that way. Couple customers said seafoam helped clear it up a little.
Other than that I've seen issues with death wobble on some around 80k miles. We usually end up replacing all bushings, ball joints, and tiers in front. Those seem to be the dirt Rd bombers that get it the worst.
They are good except for those 2 issues. Doesn't happen on every jeep

Members online

No members online now.