Adding hood and trunk pin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fujitsubo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a search in archives and suprised it didn't come up with anything. I was testing the factory alarm and noticed that; when armed, the alarm does not go off if the hood or rear swing door is open and reason is simple, there's no pins connected to the security system. Has anyone tried to install and add these to their factory alarm and is it simple and does it work? I'm kinda stunned that only the alarm is activted if any of the front and rear passenger doors are opened.
Reason being, crime pays nowadays so best to keep everything safe n sound. Thank you.

rob

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hood and rear gate monitoring as well as an interior intrusion sensor is only available on export models, or so the fsm says, guess there must be more dishonest folks over in them foreign places.

Bob

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
no

Actually, crime is pretty low in most overseas locations I've been to.

They don't put it on here (I guess) because it might put too many people out of work...crooks and lawyers.