adding ABS to non-ABS KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dmut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back on track.

Also will need the ABS pump...

yes, Chrysler call it 05083084AA MODULE, Anti-lock Brakes, [BRY]
already found one on local yard

Dmut, sorry you're not closer. xUSSR republic, that's killer. Best of luck finding the parts you need to do an ABS upgrade. I sincerely doubt that it will be an easy undertaking.
Thanks, I like to work on my libby, it's like LEGO for Daddies =) do all service tasks by myself. daystar lift too.

You will never get the ABS to work if it did not come from the factory with it.No dealership can repregram to add ABS,sorry.
then I just will receive more credits when I had it done =)

seriously, I've study Chrysler PAIS and KJ Parts pdfs, and looked for parts, marked with option [BRY], ECU and BCU is not in that list. so I suppose all KJ's support ABS.

my .02 on it
you can not add ABS to a rig that has it and save money over selling what you have and buying 1 with ABS
it is like converting a 2wd to be 4wd ,it can be done but if you can sell the 2wd and buy a 4wd for what the parts and required labor that you can not do ,like adjusting the DS's
to the proper length or reprograming the ecm
as I wrote before, trading my KJ to ABS-one isn't an option in my case.
And I will save on labor a lot, doing it by myself =)

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as I wrote before, trading my KJ to ABS-one isn't an option in my case.
And I will save on labor a lot, doing it by myself =)

Really
you can reprogram the ECM/BCM?
also you will need a truck load of parts from an ABS KJ that a
non ABS KJ does not have

but hey you can try
I dont mind saying "I tried to tell you"

Dmut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really
you can reprogram the ECM/BCM?
I'm newbie here, so I don't know regular members, who they are and what they do. Are you completely sure I will need to reprogram ECM\BCM? Are you chrysler technician? Sorry if it sounds rude.
also you will need a truck load of parts from an ABS KJ that a
non ABS KJ does not have
it's not THAT many parts, actually.
1) ABS control module + ABS unit (they are usually come as one module)
2) left and right forward wheel hubs with sensors
3) wiring, headlamp to dash. that's would be a difficult part, since I will have to merge my wire set with ABS-part of wireset I'll get.

I has already found all tree positions for a resonable price and soon will order a delivery.

Regards,

Last edited: