Added AT LEAST 50 HP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those clears look great, you also have what i wanted, i hate my plastic fender flares, i wish i had body color fender flares, and thats the roof rack that i plan to get for my rene

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those clears look great, you also have what i wanted, i hate my plastic fender flares, i wish i had body color fender flares, and thats the roof rack that i plan to get for my rene

I'm so glad mine aren't plastic because when I took a slide this winter, I hit a stop sign/telephone pole with my front passenger fender and it just left a scuff. I hit it at about 10 MPH too. :) I was pumped.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um....all KJ's have plastic fender flares...

No, I mean without the body paint. You know how the sports just have the weird black look? That's what I mean. Instead of having a giant scuff all along my fender, I just have a tiny one because the rest was similar to the body color and it just came right off.

ericautopart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at some and thought about it but then I read that the power draw is greater than that of the regular bulbs so just to be safe I went with the regular ones. I do like the LEDs a lot though!

Any insight on differences between the LED and regular bulbs?

They actually draw less. The only issue you'd have is the need for load equalizers so they will blink at the same time as your rear lights...

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the debadged look on the hood - I think I'm gonna do that to my wife's KJ since her's has the same peeling "J" that everyone gets.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured out what the issue is...and feel dumb it took this long. I changed the inner larger bulbs (3157) but left the tiny bulbs on the outside (914) clear. So, I look pretty weird with how it is now but tomorrow I'll go to Autozone and see if they have any amber or preferably stealth 914 bulbs.

If not, fleabay!

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I figured out what the issue is...and feel dumb it took this long. I changed the inner larger bulbs (3157) but left the tiny bulbs on the outside (914) clear. So, I look pretty weird with how it is now but tomorrow I'll go to Autozone and see if they have any amber or preferably stealth 914 bulbs.

If not, fleabay!

Didn't you get new bulbs with the clear lenses?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks OK, not too weak. I just went out and I checked mine, they are a bit stronger since I am using full amber lights, not the stealths. Meanwhile, they seem to blink a bit fast on your corners, why? You got a bulb dead some place?

The LEDs will blink much faster, and I am yet to find load equalizers for KJ, unless you buy the $300 LED tail lens kit.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to Autozone today and got a pair of 914NA bulbs for the outside mini bulbs. Helped with the weakness a little.

You must be registered for see images attach

hyedipin, I'm not sure why mine blink faster. I don't believe I have a dead bulb but I could be wrong. Would my light bar have anything to do with it?

Also, anybody know what the length size is for the inside dome bulb? I know it's a 212-2 but I've found various different lengths between 37mm and 44mm. I wanna say the KJ dome is 42mm. First step is figuring out how to remove it :p

Last edited: