Add fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what's the harness you got from the junkyard?

It works! Just took the relay for the parking lamps for mown going to pick one up tomorrow. What's the relay number? I managed to crack my phone screen as soon as the turned on :( I've never broken a phone and of course this one was almost 1,000$ oh what a night

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mopar part number is 04671168.

any relay with similar specs would work.

Happen to know what one i can get from autozone? I'm on a time crunch and I'm sure my petty officer wouldn't like me being late

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...I'm sure my petty officer wouldn't like me being late
Just remind him that the definition of "petty" is "trivial and insignificant". That ought to get him off your back. :icon_razz:

(Me and the other guys on the ship used to laugh when we did something like that. It cheered us up while we were in the brig.) :gr_grin:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remind him that the definition of "petty" is "trivial and insignificant". That ought to get him off your back. :icon_razz:

(Me and the other guys on the ship used to laugh when we did something like that. It cheered us up while we were in the brig.) :gr_grin:

Haha that's a good one.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to get one from NAPA. Oh well. Wasn't cheap IMO. But anyone wanting to do this with the fog light switch and lights from a parts jeep, this is what I did.

Went to junk yard and pulled the fog lights with the brackets (that's important you'll need the brackets) and as much wiring as possible.
Also got the fog light switch too

First thing I did was mount the lights into the bumper then took both ground wires to an eyelet and bolted to the frame. Then , ran both blue wires from fog lights to driver side.
Remove grill and driver side headlight. Underneath the driver side headlight you'll see a connector hiding that has a blue wire. (Those one is hard to get to)

In order to get to that wire and splice in you can do one of two things
remove the entire headlight and grill support

Or go the route I did and unclip the connector from the passenger headlight, ambient temp sensor (if you have an EVIC/OTIS) and driver headlight. Once these are disconnected, pull the harness trough so you can get to it.
Should look something like this
You must be registered for see images attach

Splice in the blue wire to that harness. Once done, all wiring is done if done correctly. Next, get inside the jeep and remove the kick panel under the driver side of the dash and add a relay to the fog light relay spot shown here
You must be registered for see images attach

Now install the fog light switch and turn them on!

I'm posting this only because of the diagrams I've looked over and over did not make sense to me (granted some may be better than I) but I figured I'd post what I can to help those who will need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job! Reminds me of my first electrical modification on my liberty when I know nothing about how automotive wiring worked. Now I am doing electrical modifications almost every other week.