AC blowing hot air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwheeles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My AC started blowing hot air today. Hot as in the heater is on. The compressor is running and appears to be working properly. The temperature control has no effect on the temperature blowing out. It's wide open hot all the time.

I'm wondering about the controls that change the temperature of the air that is blowing.

Anybody got any experience with this? Thanks ahead of time.

James

AJK381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably a blend door, or one of the lines to it. kinda a common jeep prob, ive seen it a lot in the grand cherokees

jwheeles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably a blend door, or one of the lines to it. kinda a common jeep prob, ive seen it a lot in the grand cherokees

Are the controls vacuum operated or are they just a cable? Trying to figure out where and what to look for.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a URL for a HVAC Service Manual if you want it.

PM me, I'll get your email and send it offline to you to avoid conflict.

jwheeles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just went ahead and took to the shop. I'm working twelve hour days and seven days a week right now. I hate doing that but it appeared to be the best thing to do under the circumstances.

Once again. Thanks!

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just went ahead and took to the shop. I'm working twelve hour days and seven days a week right now. I hate doing that but it appeared to be the best thing to do under the circumstances.

Once again. Thanks!

That's why we pay people to fix our vehicles for us, sometimes. Not all of us can be everywhere at once. Modern civilization = specialization.