ABS PROBLEM in KJ 2002?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snest

Reaction score
After 2 days in a very stiff snow, suddenly the ABS signal together with BRAKES one, waked up!!

When started the engine and after 50 meters the signals disappeared.

From this time when I was passing over a ramp or similar, the signals were on again and The ABS was not working. If I turn Off and On the same again.

The Dealer in Athens worked on the car, and they decided that the sensor had a problem. I changed it (120 €).

But !!!!!!!!!!!!!! after three days the same problem happened in the city.

The new judgement was that the ABS Controller perhaps has a problem but thanks Got after a more detailed investigation they fixed the problem which was something in the wiring circuit of ABS.

I friend told me that he had the same problem and he solved it cleaning some contact in the sensor.

DOES ANY BODY HAS THE SAME EXPERIENCE ?????????

krazz1e

Reaction score
That *****, and it sounds like you are out of warrenty.....

You can do what most of us Land Rover Discovery owners do, pull the fuse to the ABS and just forget about it. \:D/

There are 4 sensors total, perhaps they replaced the wrong one? Most the time the sensors just go bad... you can try cleaning them before replacing.

Good luck!

snest

Reaction score
krazz1e said:
That *****, and it sounds like you are out of warrenty.....

You can do what most of us Land Rover Discovery owners do, pull the fuse to the ABS and just forget about it. \:D/

There are 4 sensors total, perhaps they replaced the wrong one? Most the time the sensors just go bad... you can try cleaning them before replacing.

Good luck!

Thanks