Aarrgh!! Multiple cylinder misfires!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acreekjumper

Reaction score
We've been lovin' our '03 Liberty for a couple of years now with no problems whatsoever. Suddenly light comes on and codes p0300, 0302, 0303, 0304 come on and engine is misfireing like crazy. No overheat issuses, good fluid levels, and new plugs put in 9000mi ago. Maybe crank position sensor? Something else? ANY help would be appreciated!!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
P 0300 through P0310 are all cylinder misfire codes

crank sensor is P0320

sounds like plug problem, or ignition coil but then it would be another number

acreekjumper

Reaction score
Yep, nothing but cylinder misfire codes. Got 105,000 miles on her, strangely the misfires aren't just on one side of the block. Any ideas how to narrow down the problem before I take it to the evil dealership?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
try switching the coil packs from one to another to see if it changes with the coil packs or stays with the plugs , that will narrow it down some

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be kinda crazy if that many coils failed at the same time. Take the plugs out and check those. Check for water around the plugs, and switch the coils like tom said.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have never heard of that many plugs OR that many coil packs going at the same time but, well stranger things have happened. Cant fiqure out what else would do it?? Maybe someone else has some better ideas

acreekjumper

Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I'll try swiching the coils around and take a few plugs out!!
Then I'll go from there.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've been lovin' our '03 Liberty for a couple of years now with no problems whatsoever. Suddenly light comes on and codes p0300, 0302, 0303, 0304 come on and engine is misfireing like crazy. No overheat issuses, good fluid levels, and new plugs put in 9000mi ago. Maybe crank position sensor? Something else? ANY help would be appreciated!!!

I just read somewhere recently somebody had the same symptoms, it turned out to be what he believed to be water in some recently purchased gas.

jelohead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was getting misfire codes on cylinders 5 and 6....took it in while still under warranty....they replaced BOTH heads! 68,000 miles.....go figure