A-pillar switch pod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monk

Reaction score
So my idea was to add some switches for lights and accessories in a convenient space on my Liberty. After much thought and many braincells destroyed in the processes, I came up with an idea.

What good is the handle on the driver's side a-pillar? I mean really, if I am that drunk that I need a handle to get into my Jeep, I shouldn't be driving anyway.

So I set out to find a way to add switches to the a-pillar trim panel. I have a before and during picture. I will hopefully have another during and an after in a couple days if all goes well.

All comments and criticism welcome.

Thanks for looking,

Monk

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 72
  • during.jpg
    during.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 87

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good so far. What are you going to wire the switches to?

Dave

Monk

Reaction score
Two sets of Hella 500 lights forward and one set of rear facing lights mounted off the rear glass hinge covers. The fourth switch is still an unknown. Maybe an external accessory?

So I thought about the question more and and I really don't need four switches, in fact, I only need two. I got the Daystar switch panel at a swap meet about a year ago. It came with the four switches and I couldn't pass it up. I built a lower console for my Ford Ranger to hold a CB and the switch panel. Long story short, I scavenged the console and parts to add to the Jeep. I have four Hella 500 lights that are getting moved over, a huge CB with antenna, two more small lights that are getting mounted out back to help with the dim reverse lights. I really don't have a plan for the fourth switch. It will probably end being something childish and pointless, like an external beer tapper for the zombie apocalypse....

Last edited:

Monk

Reaction score
Sorry about the delay. Work had me out of state the last couple days. I put a couple coats of primer on to really see what I missed. I am adding another layer of epoxy to fill in the low spots tonight. I hope to have the major flaws worked out by tomorrow. If all goes well, It should be primed and painted by Friday afternoon. Maybe Friday night, turkey season right now and my daughter hasn't gotten her's yet...

Attachments

• first coat.jpg
    first coat.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 59