A Good Deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RIPGTP1997

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm the newbie here so lets hear your opinions. I am looking at, and 95% sure of buying an 02' Liberty Limited. Silver, 2 tone interior, fully loaded, 15,500 mile on her for 15,500 dollars. Is it a good deal? Am looking to buy her by the weekend. :-k

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deal

Never heard of an 02 with that few miles, but the price still seems a little high. Check and see if there are any others in the area similarily equipped and see what they're going for.

Make sure it is 4WD, has disc brakes in the rear (some 02's don't) and has ABS (anti-lock brakes are optional).

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i took a guess on the options, but according to their website, the kelley blue book value for a private sale in the scranton area would be about 13,000.

go here and give it a try.

RIPGTP1997

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has 4WD, Anti-lock break, but no 4 disc, but to me, it stil stops very nicely. The reason it has such low milage is the people who used to own it were a 70 year old couple that used it just to go grocery shopping and stuff like that. It has everything accpet a moonroof n chrome wheels.

Jaysus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems like a nice ride - a little expensive, but not a whole lot. IMO

That is pretty much what I am driving right now - drum brakes and all... so I may be biased.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it depends on what you want it for. If its just for running aorund town, I'd get a newer one, cause $15,500 is pretty pricey. However, if your gonna use it for wheeling or towing, then it would be good. You get a better ****** and its prelowered.

96redformula

Reaction score
I think that is too much. We got an 2004 4x4 sport with many options including skids all around for $15000 with 24,000miles on it, Perfect Condition.

2003KJ

Reaction score
It does seem a tad bit high....i'd try to talk them down to atleast 13,000 or maybe even 12,500. If they argue, claim rising gas prices \:D/

glaurick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
too high, especially with employe pricing coming back

I bought a new 2004 4x4 sport with the following options for 18,800

Customer package 28B (Pw, PL, Keyless entry ect...)
Tint
Cruise
CD / Infinity system w/ steering controls
aluminum wheels
sticker 25,700

Guyute1210

Reaction score
Way too high...my buddy just bought an 04 limited w/ sunroof with 30k miles on it for 11,500.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel the same. Too high. However, use negotiating to bring the price down. Just like you have heard, rising gas prices can be a negotiation tool. Also, you are already near the price of a 05 model with incentives and such.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
I paid right at 19k for my '05 Sport new. That price seems a bit steep. And, if you are financing, check out what the longer term deals ( maybe even zero percent interest) do to the monthly payment of a new one versus the higher interest rate/shorter term available for an '02.

Lea Ann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELL....You can buy a 05 CRD from me for, Hell, $19,000! Look in the for sale thread!

Members online

No members online now.