A few questions from a newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Komarengi

Reaction score
Hello friends, I became a kj owner a few days ago and I am asking for help. I have been searching the forum for a few days, but English is not my first language and I could not find any clear answers to my questions.

First thing I want to know, which lift kit would be the best technically (for mounting 245/75 wheels)? I've read a lot about the OME kit, but there are also good reviews about the H&R springs. Which shocks would be the best in this case? What else would I need?

Second question about the rims. I want rims with badlocks, even if it would be expensive, but I can't find anything in size 16. What's more, everyone writes different rim sizes. I don't like the disc sticking out of the arch, what size should I look for? Are there any rim options that I can use?

I don't understand the jargon and some of the terms don't work through the translator, so please stick links to the answers to the products in the stores so I can figure it out.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you? In the UK OME is expensive but H&R is much more reasonable.

Komarengi

Reaction score
Where are you? In the UK OME is expensive but H&R is much more reasonable.
Germany. I want it to be a kit that is the best technically, even if it is expensive. H&R springs are installed with standard length shocks - it reduces suspension travel if you use increased stops. But I've read that the springs don't have enough length if you take longer shocks. If taking a replacement for the standard shocks to install HR springs, which would be better? Fox?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as far as I know there aren't any longer front shocks, if you look on here there's a lot of information on suspension lifts, the limit is the angle you can run the front CV joints at.

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have installed the OME lift, regeared, run 245/75R16 and it is great! (See my signature for components...)