a christmas miracle....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i installed my heated mirrors today.... my jeep was pre-wired.
just a simple plug and play.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That is cool....oops warm.
I sure could have used heated mirrors this am. We had a fog that frosted everything thick overnight. I stood with my hand on each mirror to melt them. That was fun...not.
So I was also wondering about heated mirrors.
My 04 Rocky Mountain Ed also probably has the wires, what do I need?
Is it just the glass that you remove and buy or? Where does it plug into, after door panel is off? Any photos or explanation would be greatly appreciated...Sure would be nice to turn on the rear de-frost and have the mirrors done....

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is cool....oops warm.
I sure could have used heated mirrors this am. We had a fog that frosted everything thick overnight. I stood with my hand on each mirror to melt them. That was fun...not.
So I was also wondering about heated mirrors.
My 04 Rocky Mountain Ed also probably has the wires, what do I need?
Is it just the glass that you remove and buy or? Where does it plug into, after door panel is off? Any photos or explanation would be greatly appreciated...Sure would be nice to turn on the rear de-frost and have the mirrors done....
Buy the whole mirror (its easier IMO). Unbolt and unplug old mirror, plug in and bolt in new mirror. Turn vehicle on and hit the defrost button. Cost me $40 total and about 20 min.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy the whole mirror (its easier IMO). Unbolt and unplug old mirror, plug in and bolt in new mirror. Turn vehicle on and hit the defrost button. Cost me $40 total and about 20 min.

X2...
all my vehicles over the past 5-7 years have had heated mirrors.
a few weeks ago my jeep mirrors fogged up on me, and made me realize what a great feature they were.
very easy install, worth the expense.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are we talking about removing the whole sideview mirror as a unit, or the actual glass mirror. Just curious, because I knocked (broke) the mirror and plastic unit it's attached to and was wondering how it would be replaced. I don't care about heated mirrors but was curious as how you did change it.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are we talking about removing the whole sideview mirror as a unit, or the actual glass mirror. Just curious, because I knocked (broke) the mirror and plastic unit it's attached to and was wondering how it would be replaced. I don't care about heated mirrors but was curious as how you did change it.

the whole unit.

JeepKj03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man heated mirrors would be nice in the old girl. I have them on a semi truck I drive. Flip the switch and watch the ice melt away!!!

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so how do you know if you have the wires? Can you tell me how you find out? Do you remove the mirror and see what's there? I would like to get these if it is only $40. Thanks!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, so how do you know if you have the wires? Can you tell me how you find out? Do you remove the mirror and see what's there? I would like to get these if it is only $40. Thanks!
The Limited's /Rocky Mountain for instance may have not come with EVIC and Floor Lights but had the wiring for everything. I think there was only one body wiring harness being used, that had the kit and kaboodle for options. Unfortunately many models were sold in different packages,limiting options.
Therefore the installation for heated mirrors should be easy as wiring should be there.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i know others would tell you to pull the door panel, and look at the wiring harness to see how many wire lead into it. i just bought the mirror and took a gamble... and got lucky

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I am curious where did ou get the mirrors for $40? USED??
The dealer quoted me $370 plus tax, for heated mirrors.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link! ... need both sides.
The Link is for left hand only.
Is there a link for both right hand and left hand mirror from one location?
Unfortunately no international shipping either...

Last edited:

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link! ... need both sides.
The Link is for left hand only.
Is there a link for both right hand and left hand mirror from one location?
Unfortunately no international shipping either...

shoot them an email.... they were nice to deal with, maybe they would make an exception.... and yes, i had to bid on two auctions... they did not sell as a set.