A\C Setting And Airflow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoonerJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that it's summer I'm noticing the A\C doing something I don't remember it doing before. On the normal dash vent setting the system blows like a gale. Moving the setting to "recirculate" the airflow drops at least half. I don't remember there being that much difference. Is this normal or do I need to investigate?

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the first setting on mine is the recirculate and it blows very hard. the second setting as is all the others blow less hard.

lol kinda like my ex ******** wife vs my new one!

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to see if there is something blocking the intake vents inside. I believe they are at the back of the center console. Pretty sure I saw them there where those vent cutouts are while I was removing my transfer case shifter. If not that then it may be a vacuum line leak. Your ac airflow is controlled by little vacuum line powered doors in your dash. At least that is how I understand it to work, and by no means am I a professional.

SoonerJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I thought I remembered recirulate blowing the hardest. Just wanted to make sure before I started digging.

gnp.hiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep my wife's kinda did the same thing. I was thinking it was the resister, which I changed, but in the process found a clear umbrella bag she had in the glove box blocking the vent.

Removed the bag, replaced the resister and it works fine now.

SoonerJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant to post this earlier. Might have saved one member a lot of time if I had. The problem was the recirculate intake screen being clogged with dust. Remove the glove box and it's straight ahead on the right. Took 10 minutes and it works like new.

Leslie8435

Reaction score
I meant to post this earlier. Might have saved one member a lot of time if I had. The problem was the recirculate intake screen being clogged with dust. Remove the glove box and it's straight ahead on the right. Took 10 minutes and it works like new.

Having the same problem, except that my screen is not clogged whatsoever! What else could it possibly be?