A bunch of towing questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chaoscollins

Reaction score
Heyguys I need to pull a trailer next weekend. Now I just got my jeep and only have 400km's on it and the book says wait till at least 800kms for break in before you tow. Now my question is I am only going to pull a real small trailer and all I will be towing is a few matteress's and head boards for a couple of beds so I don't imagine that would be much wait. I should be ok right? Now If I had to tow a lot more I wouldn't. Also when I tow should I have the overdrive on or off. I will be doing over 80km on a highway with the trailer so I am not sure is this is right or not. My last question is I need to know what class my hitch is. The dealership installed the hitch after they received my jeep because it orginally didn't have the towing package. So I am guessing it may be a class 2 since it wasen't equiped with it and it was just bolted on before I picked it up? Any help would be great. Thanks guys.

-Chris